This course is designed to highlight drivers’ responsibilities under drivers’ hours recording equipment legislation. It provides practical instruction and guidance on recording and inputting data using digital tachograph equipment.
Benefits of attending
- Develop knowledge of the tachograph rules
- Detailed practical guidance on how to record the working day and interpretation of printouts
- Full understanding on how to record manual entries
- Gain a full appreciation of how compliance relates to the operator licence obligations
- Understand the penalties for non-compliance for both driver and operator
- Use of VDO and Stoneridge digital tachographs
- Legislation and technical updates surrounding the recording equipment
- Driver and operator responsibilities
- Use of mode and pictograms
- Practical exercises
- Mixing technologies
- Correcting the record
Please note this Course is approved for LGV and PCV drivers. However the course content is aimed mainly for LGV drivers. Although this will enable PCV drivers to gain periodic training hours, it may be more beneficial for the driver to attend a PCV specific Course.