Designed to highlight drivers’ responsibilities under drivers’ hours legislation and provide practical experience of working with analogue and digital equipment.
Benefits of attending
- Develop knowledge of drivers’ hours, working time and tachograph rules
- Offers detailed practical instruction on how to record the rules using the recording equipment
- Gain a full appreciation of how drivers’ hours compliance relates to the operator licence obligations
- Understand the potential penalties for non-compliance
- EU drivers’ hours rules and working time regulations
- Use of the recording equipment (analogue and digital tachograph)
- Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements
- Enforcement practices and procedures
- Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and vehicle operator
Please note this Course is approved for LGV and PCV drivers. However the course content is aimed mainly for LGV drivers. Although this will enable PCV drivers to gain periodic training hours, it may be more beneficial for the driver to attend a PCV specific Course.