This versatile and easy to use digital downloading device is the upgraded version of the highly-regarded Digidown. This portable device adds the extra benefit of an inbuilt driver card reader.
Customised downloads are available for all or parts of the data stored in your tachograph, including activities, events, faults and detailed speed. This downloading device is compatible with all digital tachographs, driver, company workshop and enforcement cards.
The easy to use integrated buttons indicate the three types of download that are available with the LED to show you the progress of the download:
- All VU - download all the data stored in the VU (including speed data)
- Latest VU - download only the latest data in the VU
- Card – built-in card reader for driver cards
This robust battery powered unit is compatible with all EU tachograph regulations and works with virtually all analysis software to help keep you compliant.
All commercial vehicles (3.5 tonnes and over) first registered on or after 1 May 2006 must be fitted with digital tachographs. It is a legal requirement for a driver to use a driver card when driving a vehicle that is in scope of EU/ AETR rules and which is equipped with a digital or smart tachograph.
Further Information and Services
At Tachodisc, you’ll find a variety of different digital downloading devices such as Digidown, Digifob, Digivu, Digifob Pro, DigiDL, and DigiPostPro.
To find out more, browse our 2020 Brochure for further information and additional products. We also offer tachograph services to help you stay compliant and provide further support.
This product is simply the tool which takes data from your Driver Card or VU. It is important to note that you will also require an analysis software package or data viewing software with which to read the information.
For more information on any of the packages that we supply please call the sales team on 01925 283328 or email email@example.com.
What is a tachograph downloading device?
The digital tachograph system includes two aspects, the tachograph card, and the vehicle unit.
A digital downloading device enables you to download data from your drivers’ card and store it using the correct software. By law, you are required to download tacho card data every 28 days. You may be required to present this data to transport officers.
Data from the vehicle unit is required to be downloaded every 90 days.
How do I download my drivers card data from Digidown Plus?
To download your drivers’ card data, simply follow these steps:
- Insert Drivers card into the device
- Flashing light will appear against ‘Card’
- Remove card when flashing light slows
- Eject the SD memory card and insert into PC/Laptop OR connect the device using USB
- Reminder - you will need the correct software to download and store the data
What do I need to know when driving on a tachograph?
- A driver can drive for a maximum of 9 hours per day, twice a week this can be extended to 10 hours if necessary.
- After driving for 4.5 hours, a 45-minute break is required, which can be divided into two separate intervals if needed.
- The maximum weekly hours of driving is 56.
- You must download tachograph data from your drivers card every 21 days.
- You must download tachograph data from your vehicle unit every 90 days.
- You must retain the downloaded data for at least 12 months, in case of inspection by enforcement officers.